The Cottage Keeper • 1916 Chicago Drive • Arkdale, WI 54613
- Call 888-404-2688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for availability of dates or to reserve.
Mail deposit checks to: The Cottage Keeper, 1916 Chicago Drive, Arkdale, WI 54613
- All homes have telephones. Local calls only.
- All kitchens fully equipped with cooking and eating utensils.
- All homes equipped with TV & VCR and/or DVD. Most include satellite or cable.
- Clean bed linens and kitchen towels are provided; personal bath and beach towels are NOT provided.
- Sorry, we do not allow pets unless specified (add’l pet fee & security deposit required).
- No smoking allowed in any homes.
- Weekly rentals are from Friday 4 p.m. to Friday 10 a.m.
- Summer rentals require 4-night minimum stay. (Some 3-night summer stays maybe available with add’l $100 short-stay fee. Off-season 2 night stays maybe available with add’l $100 short-stay fee – See Rental Rates.) Call for details.
- Reservations cannot be held without a 50% deposit; refundable if cancelled with at least 30 days notice prior to arrival date (minus a 10% administration fee of the base rental amount). A refund with less than 30 days notice is possible only if home can be rented during that time.
- Security deposit required… equal to the nightly prime season rate of the rental (Minimum of $400)
- Security deposits refunded within 14 days of departure – barring any damages.
- No refunds for early departure.
- Persons under 21 years of age must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- Reservations confirmed by mail.
- Prices subject to change.
- All rates are subject to a 5.5% state and county tax. (Some homes have an additional room tax – See Rental Rates.)
Rental Policies & Procedures
BOOKING A RESERVATION: In order to BOOK your reservation, you must call the Cottage Keeper to receive your unique reservation number. A reservation deposit of 50% of the total base rent is due within 10 days of booking. Print the Rental Agreement and the Guest Data Sheet. Complete the shaded areas, sign and mail your completed Rental Agreement and Guest Data Sheet to the Cottage Keeper with your reservation deposit.
Payment may be made in the form of personal check, money order, cashier’s check, or credit card processing through PayPal (PayPal account is not necessary). If using a credit card through PayPal, an invoice will be emailed and there will be a convenience fee assessed. Final balance, tax and security deposit is due TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL and may be paid in the form of personal check, cash, money order, cashier’s check, or credit card. Reservations made less than 15 days prior to arrival require full payment of all charges via credit card (PayPal invoice processing). Any checks returned for non-sufficient funds will be assessed a $40 service charge.
RESERVATIONS: Reservations are CONFIRMED upon receipt of the signed rental agreement, guest data sheet, and reservation deposit. The guest named on the rental agreement is the party responsible for the reservation, adhering to our policies, and assuring the property is appropriately maintained during the stay.
SECURITY DEPOSlT: On behalf of our homeowners, a security deposit is required on all Cottage Keeper Vacation Rentals, equivalent to one night’s stay (with a minimum of $400). This amount is refunded to the main renter on the contract within 14 days of departure, barring any damages or failures to comply with our rental policies. If the security deposit was paid by credit card, the refunded amount will be applied to the credit card used. If damage to the premises occurs in excess of the security deposit, the primary renter agrees to be held liable and charges will be made to the credit card listed on the Guest Data Sheet.
CANCELLATIONS: Refunds of the Reservation Deposit, less a 10% administrative fee, will be given upon cancellation of a reservation with 30-day notice prior to arrival. Less than 30-day notification, refunds will be given only if property is subsequently rented for that same rental period.
PROCEDURE: Only when we have received the signed rental agreement and completed Guest Data Sheet is your confirmation complete. Upon receipt of your deposit, the rental agreement (showing amount due upon arrival), directions to the home, an area map, a list of amenities, and your personal lockbox combination is mailed to you. The lockbox allows you immediate key retrieval for the home. Upon your arrival, call us immediately at 888-404-2688 to arrange a time when we can meet you at the home (either early that evening or early the next morning), so we may acquaint you with the area, answer any questions you may have, and to complete the paperwork and final payment. The credit card listed on the Guest Data Sheet must be presented at this time.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Our homes are privately owned. Our owners have opened their homes to you so that you may enjoy your vacation in a “home environment”. We expect that you will treat their homes with great respect and leave the premises in the same condition you found it. Each property is furnished according to the owner’s individual tastes and preferences. Refunds are not given for dissatisfaction with the decor, changes or additions made by the owners, printing errors, or lake conditions. (See Our Lakes)
ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES: The arrival and departure times, as listed on your contract, must be adhered to. As these are private homes located throughout our county, due time must be given to our cleaning staff to have the home ready for the next renters or for visits by the homeowners. Our check-in time is anytime after 4pm … check-out is l0am. Failure to comply with departure time will result in additional charges to be assessed from your security deposit.
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE: As with any home, appliances, systems and equipment can malfunction at any time. Your vacation is important to us. Malfunctions will be corrected as soon as possible. Cottage Keeper employees and authorized repair personnel may enter the premises and grounds at any time for purposes related to repairs and/or maintenance of household systems, appliances, etc. If, per our determination, the home you have rented is “temporarily unfit for occupancy”, the Cottage Keeper will make every effort to move you to a comparably-priced property. If no such property is available, your rent will be refunded.
GENERAL POLICIES: The following lists our general policies. Failure to comply with this list will result in immediate eviction, loss of remaining rent and forfeiture of security deposit.
- No persons under the age of 2l are allowed to enter into the legal rental agreement and must be accompanied during the entire rental period by a parent or legal guardian.
- There are no refunds for early departure, acts of nature or dissatisfaction with the furnishings.
- Fireworks are prohibited at ALL Cottage Keeper properties. Immediate eviction, loss of rent and security deposit will ensue.
- Maximum occupancy is listed on your rental agreement. Exceeding this number on the premises at any time is strictly PROHIBITED. (Maximum occupancy includes all children.)
- Tent camping and RV parking is NOT permitted on the premises.
- Recycling of garbage is required in ALL Cottage Keeper homes. Each home is equipped with appropriate recycling bins. If you need more cans, please call. Failure to recycle will result in a minimum $50 deduction from your security deposit.
- Burning of candles, oil lamps and scents are prohibited in all Cottage Keeper rentals.
- Smoking is prohibited and will result in eviction and forfeiture of rents & security deposits.
- All properties are equipped with telephones for your safety and local convenience. Phones allow local calls only and are blocked from long distance calling. The phone number for your rental home is listed on your agreement … please make sure your guests and family have this number to reach you in case of emergency. You must use your credit card, phone card, or cell phone for any long distance calling.
- Some of our homes allow pets… must be prearranged. There is a $50 non-refundable pet fee and an additional security of $100 for each pet. It is the responsibility of the pet owner to clean the premises after their pets. Failure to do so will result in loss of the pet security deposit.